Friday, August 19, 2011

Raspberries galore!




The kids and I were at my sister's picking peas today and could not resist the heavy laden branches of the raspberry bushes nearby. We took a break from the peas and picked a bucket of the largest, tastiest, most beautiful berries I've seen in a long time. I was in raspberry heaven, standing in one spot in the center of the patch and filling my bucket!  I picked 6 gallons last week but today's picking was so... fruitful!

When we got home, my 5 year old daughter came to me with her eyes aglow.

"Mom, could I have a bowl with some raspberries... and some sugar... and some cream? That would be the best snack ever!"

And it was.

Maybe I'll reward myself with a bowl once I've finished shelling the 10 gallons of peas I picked today...

2 comments:

Thank you for your comments!